Monday, June 12, 2006

Recipe trade begins today...

I've been blogging for a while now and I cover just about anything that comes to mind - duh! I've rarely had ongoing features, mostly because I'm to ADD for something like that to work.

But then, Jenn got an idea... and she passed it along to Vicky... and they passed it along to me.

See, Jenn and I both like to cook. Well, she likes to cook. I like to eat. (Isn't it obvious?) So, Jenn suggested we try each other's recipes. It's a pretty cool idea and a nice way to try new things.

Then, I decided to kick it up a notch. (All apologies to Emeril.) I suggested we post the recipes to our blogs. I mean, why not include all of my readers - both of you! So, here's the deal. Every other week, we'll each post a new recipe on our blogs. Then, on alternate weeks, we'll try them and let you know how they went. Fun, huh? (But don't let my lack of cooking skilz determine whether you try them. Try them out and send us comments - we'll probably post them, too!)

So, my first recipe will be posted later today.

Before I post it, though, I need to include a recipe for a spice mix I've been using for so long... well, a long, long time. It's one of Emeril Lagasse's "essence" recipes and you can put it in your food or use it as a garnish, a rub, snuff - it's multi-purpose!

I've addicted all of my friends. Why not addict you, too?

So, here it is:

EMERIL'S SOUTHWEST SEASONING
(SOUTHWEST SPICE)

2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

Put these all in a container and shake shake shake to combine all the ingredients.


Now, you have the spice of the gods! You're almost ready to cook! (That's coming up later...)

1 comment:

Jenn from WA said...

Well, mines posted. Good luck...and enjoy. I love this recipe. http://jennwraspir.blogspot.com/