Monday, June 05, 2006

Love of Half Your Life...

So, after what I wrote this morning, how surprising that I know report being halfway finished with my new novel, Love of Your Life? You shouldn't be too surprised; I'm a glutton for punishment.

Second halves are always more difficult for me the same way the second half of a long drive is more difficult. You may not have planned correctly. You have to keep your energy up. And, as always, the destination has to be worth it. Now, there's nothing you can do about that on a long trip... so doesn't it suck that they make writers responsible for these things?

Anyway, Love of Your Life may be the closest I've come to writing a dull book - only time will tell - but it's been very nourishing so far and an enjoyable ride.

I'll start on the second half tomorrow...

No comments: