Monday, June 05, 2006

Just a little movie...

About a huge issue. Yesterday, Ken, Tim and I went to see An Inconvenient Truth. Now I'm not a fan of documentary films, let alone lectures. But even I realize how important an issue this is for all of us, so I was eager to see the Truth. It is a must see. I'm encouraging everyone I know to see this movie.

It frightens me to imagine the world that we're leaving for our children and grandchildren. Now I'm not one to lecture. I drive an SUV and I enjoy the conveniences of my life. But I am willing to find alternatives. I am willing to do what I can to help. If each of us makes just a small change, together as a whole I believe that we can make an impact. I know that alone will not solve the problem, but it certainly can't hurt.

Ken told me once where this quote came from, but I remember hearing it from one of my professors in college and it has always stuck with me:

We don't inherit the earth from our parents; we borrow it from our children. I'm sure that Ken will let you know the origin of that quote.

1 comment:

Ken La Salle said...

I'm sure anyone who wants to know the source can Google it, so I'll leave that to them.

I was very glad to see this with Vicky and her reaction to it. One of the biggest mental hurdles in this relationship, for me, has been the SUV, and it's nice that Vicky and I are starting to see more eye to eye on that subject.

One quick thing about the movie, I was surprised by the amount of humor in it. Al does a wonderful job of keeping you at ease while educating you on what could be very scary. (Meanwhile, Shrub is just scary.)