Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The day before...

Vicky isn't going to like this very much but I'm going to write it anyway. See, Vicky is a pragmatist to the end. She focuses on the here and now without romanticizing things or letting her mind wander much. Oh, there are downsides to that but it also brings a great deal of strength to our marriage. Me? I'm an idealist - from the root word idea. My flights of fancy take me and I go.

So, as the time approaches for Vicky's surgery, I can't help but think of everything that could happen. You know what I mean. There are a million outcomes and each one plays through my mind, minute by minute.

As we get nearer, I feel my emotions towards her building. I feel an overwhelming need to tell her how much I love her every minute, just in case...

I am very fortunate to be her husband. I love her so much, I can't begin to express it. I'm sure everything will work out fine and she'll be hopping out of bed before I think she's ready and she'll start bitching about stuff and we'll argue - all before next week. But I'd hate to let a moment pass without her realizing how very much she means to me. How she has given me a whole new world in which to thrive. How much my heart swells at the thought of her.

She's getting tired of it, of course. It's that pragmatism thing. Still, this is me.

I love you, Vicky.

No comments: