Monday, June 12, 2006

Gaming until you're sick...

So, I thought I should include another post, for those of you who don't cook. I figured it should be about something important.

Video games!

So, I got this new computer and the thing is a peach. A real gem. (Choose your metaphor.) It runs everything and it runs them well.

So, I figured it was about time to finally finish Half-Life 2. Of course, that also means I have to start Half-Life 2 again, and it's no small game. The world is expansive and gorgeous and... did I say gorgeous? Hell, yes! The new machine can run the game with all the graphics settings maxed out - it's a thing of beauty I never thought I'd behold.

So, I played it for hours, yesterday, marveling in its sexiness. I ducked around corners and had shoot-outs with security. I ran through tunnels from zombies. I went around and around and around and...

... started feeling sick to my stomach.

But I couldn't let that stop me!

I dashed through weaving corridors, around and around and...

I really started feeling sick.

I forgot what hours of first-person shooter action will do to you.

Finally, I had to stop, doubled over at my desk.

You know it's a fucking great game when you'll endure that kind of punishment!

No comments: