Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Back to Back...

Well, we got word yesterday. Vicky suggested I should blog about it (he said, unbelievably using "blog" as a verb) but I'm sure she could tell you much more from her perspective.

See, the thing is, Vicky is going to need surgery on her back. My baby's getting cut open.

And I'm none to pleased about it. (Again, I know she's going through a lot - this is just from my perspective.)

I've been asking her to have her back looked at since we met. She's been having back problems for at least that long. But she kept putting it off. Now, she's going to need surgery.

The thought of Vicky going under the knife has me very concerned. If I get surgery, and I've had my share, that's one thing. I can deal with that. But I really worry when it comes to someone I love.

So, yesterday, I went into my bosses office and told him I need to take a couple days off next week. He asked me why... and I started to cry. God, I hate that. But the last thing I want is for any pain to befall Vic... so I made an idiot of myself. The upside is I got the time off.

So, the surgery is next Wednesday, June 21. If you enjoy One Path, if you're friends or family or even people we don't even know, and you want to know how this turns out or you want to send a card or something, leave a comment with your email address or email me or call me (if you have the number). I'd leave information on the blog but past experience has shown me that's not safe.

As for me, I've told Vicky that I'll take care of everything around the house and that she better follow her doctor's instructions and not be totally pigheaded... which would be so unlike her anyway.

I'll keep you posted through the blog, of course, and maybe we'll even get Vicky to give her account of the whole thing.

The most important thing is to get her better and out of pain. I want her healthy and happy. I'm sure you do, too.

2 comments:

Jenn from WA said...

I shouldn't have to say this, but you do realize that pain will be involved when Vic has a baby too right? = )

Def keep me posted. On the back thing, not the baby thing.

Ken La Salle said...

Understood, but this is something that's wrong with her - as opposed to a baby that would be right with her. Ya know? This is different.