Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Insomnia… Day Five…

Okay, not officially. I had about two hours of sleep last night. They were good; I can’t complain.

Now, it’s nearly midnight and I’m wide-awake. Fucking exhausted and wide-awake.

Before you get ready to give me some advice, I’ll let you know that I don’t drink coffee, I’ve been laying off the booze, and I haven’t been abusing any drugs of any kind. … but I would if that would help me sleep!

So, what’s the fifth night feel like? My peripheral vision is suffering and random thoughts are popping in my head like Jiffy Thought. (And if you get that reference, you’re probably suffering, too.) There’s a scream building up that’s only a couple of days away and I can hear it far down in my brain stem. I need sleep.

I suggested to Vicky that this is the longest bout of insomnia I’ve had since we’ve been together – but she reminded me about the Bahamas. Ah, yes. The Bahamas. Our honeymoon. Now, my brain was already doing summersaults, thanks to the stress of the wedding. Hell, I was hallucinating before Vicky walked down the aisle so the insomnia came as no surprise.

Then, after a few days, I sat outside at one of the tables by the bar and had a long talk with myself. Actually, there were three of me there…

I’m still seeing just one of me, but we’re only on day five…

Personally, I’m hoping I get at least two hours tonight, though three would be golden. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Jenn from WA said...

I've got the perfect solution...Vicky? Are you listening? Vicky takes a sledge hammer and slightly taps you on the head...voila. Sleep! Might be some blood to clean up...but being knocked out is like sleep.

Or maybe go to the dentist and ask to be sedated...? That'll help you sleep.