Thursday, May 11, 2006

Doing things I shouldn't... and visa versa...

This is a theater One Path.

First, I'm an ass. I missed my good friend, Robert's, play in Huntington Beach. I'm sure it was funny because Robert's a truly funny guy. But things have been so screwy in my life since, damn, Hawaii - well, you know how it goes, right?

Speaking of theater, I'm going to go to an audition on Monday. I shouldn't, just so you know. It's for one of those parts that I know I could do blindfolded. It's a perfect fit for me. I'd be... well, good.

Which is why I won't get cast. You know the story.

It's also at The Chance Theatre, a place that I'd do better to avoid. Look at my track record: Three Days of Rain and the 22 year old followed by Whatever Happened to Me and two scoops of disrespect. Some of you know those stories - consider yourself lucky if you don't. I haven't gone back because stepping into old places is, for me at least, like walking back in time. And there are times when even I don't want to do that.

But it's a great part.

Which I won't get.

I'm just saying.

Robert, if you're reading this, I'm sure you performed admirably and were hysterical. Please know that had things been more normal, I would have been there.

No comments: