Monday, May 29, 2006

Fourth night… no sleep…

Insomnia.

Anyone who knows me, knows that word. That, and the phrase, “Sleep and I have never been the best of friends.”

So, here I am on my fourth night of insomnia. It’s not even 10pm, but I know it. I know it the way you know… well, whatever it is you know. My brain is blasting on 11 and it won’t shut up. People told me this would stop when I quit drinking so much – I hate to prove people wrong.

Of course, since this is all in my head, the result of whacked amounts of epinephrine charging from my adrenals, there are always the obligatory side effects. A constant buzzing that seems to dull everything else? Check. The feeling that I’m about to go bonkers? Check. Being pissed because all I really want is some fucking sleep? Oh, checkity check! And, this time, I also have a constant headache and stomach problems, in addition to being extremely sensitive to the ambient temperature. Hey, at this late at night, I shouldn’t be sweating, okay?

So, here I am, ready for another night of… well, not sleeping. I’ll fill it with all the things you normally do during the daytime. It’ll just be darker, that’s all. I’ll watch a DVD - play some video games - I might go for a walk. I went for a walk last night and sat on a park bench for a while. Parks are really boring at three in the morning.

I hope you all have a very good night’s sleep. Meanwhile, if you see a guy named Morpheus, give him my address, okay?

NOTE: And, in case you think this is all rather lucid for someone who hasn't been sleeping... I just spend five minutes rereading it because I thought I'd typed a sentence that wasn't there!!

1 comment:

Jenn from WA said...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz - oh sorry I must have dosed off... = )