Sunday, July 30, 2006

Fuck Flying…

There’s nothing I love more than flying. Seriously. And I’m not talking about flying in a plane – I mean outright flying. Hell, I jumped off a three-story building, I liked it so much!

And that’s why I decided to play City of Heroes.

But here’s the thing, by the time you get enough experience to fly you’re so sick of the game, you say, “Fuck flying!” and quit.

… which is what I did today. Fuck flying.

Don’t get me wrong. It’s a great idea for a game. It is. Superheroes! Fun! Excitement! Um… Fun! But you have so many load times and so many incidences (things gamers know far too well). And there’s so much interminable grinding! I thought World of Warcraft was bad but NO – NO NO NO NO NO! OH NO! Just to get 1000 of the 6000 (or so) points to level high enough to fly, I had to work the same area for night after night after soul-killing night – because they only let you play in one little area and it gets FUCKING BORING!!!

So, FUCK FLYING! I don’t care. I don’t even want to fly anymore!

Give me a sword or a hammer, leather armor or mail, and some damned dwarves and night elves and shit – I’m heading back to Azeroth and World of Warcraft!!!

No comments: