Monday, March 20, 2006

It's worse than that - she's in St. Louis...

Vicky's out of town for a couple of days, on business in Saint Loooeeee... I thought this would be a good opportunity to show what happens when Vic steps out of my life for a while...

She left last night at around 4pm. I was playing World of Warcraft, of course. So, I kept on playing World of Warcraft.

But that got boring.

I went out and picked up a Spicy Chicken burrito from Del Taco, kicked back on my sofa and watched The Freshman, with Harold Lloyd. This is part of the Harold Lloyd collection (FIVE DVDS, baby!) that Vicky bought me for Bobmas last year. The Freshman is a pretty amazing movie, historically speaking. It was one of the first, modern romantic comedies. You can really see a lot of cinematic conventions being laid out in this film - people are still copying this today!

But after that was over, I was bored. I walked the dog. I flipped through some channels. I played some more World of Warcraft. I did some dishes. But, mostly, I kind of wandered aimlessly. I went up to the bedroom and hung out with the cats. I played with the dog.

But, I was bored.

Then, I realized that it was 10:30pm!! I hadn't ironed any clothes for the week. I hadn't... done much of anything, really.

I read for a while before going to sleep... and woke up to the phone ringing. It was Vic, calling me from Saint Louie. It was about 5:30am. I figured I had plenty of time before I had to go back to work... and fell back asleep.

And I woke up at 8am... shit!

I guess there's a point here. I mean, I miss Vic A LOT. I like having her around, even when we fight, which we've been doing our share of recently. But, despite that, I never want her to leave... which she did... dammit. More than that, though, I guess I need Vicky around as a kind of anchor. She keeps me up on my daily responsibilities, which I hate.

I guess there's no winning here. When she's here, I always have things I have to do but when she's gone I miss her. Crap.

Fortunately, she'll be back tomorrow. She'll be exhausted from her trip and a little cranky... and I'll be happy she's home.

1 comment:

Vicky said...

I actually made it home last night, arriving at LAX at about 10:30 pm. Due to an impending snowstorm I left early, so I am not cranky today...I'm also not working since I worked 16 1/2 hours yesterday! Oh yes, and I also came home early because I missed Ken and my furry babies.