Thursday, March 16, 2006

Big Blog Day #3: Podcasts...


(Oh, another thing I can't do: Draw. Swear to God, I suck! And I really admire that ability in people who can do it well.)

(But that's not what this is about. This one's about...)

Podcasts!

Last week, while I was in San Diego, Vicky discovered this neat, little something on iTunes and started downloading away. She's got a few but her favorite, or so it seems to me, is the Happy Tree Friends podcast. For those of you not familiar with Happy Tree Friends, who are a phenom online and on G4, it's sick, disgusting, and absolutely hilarious. There's nothing more cathartic than watching the slaughter of wee fuzzy creatures.

But I digress...

This week, I found my podcast addiction and you might not see this coming. It's Wil Wheaton's podcast: Radio Free Burrito! This podcast absolutely kicks ass! Wil is funny and insightful and honest - he's everything I try to be and he's got a great voice. He doesn't sound like Wesley, which might say something about his voice work; he sounds, well, pretty cool actually. Yeah, I know. I'm "gaying" all over the place about Wil, right? But it's really something you should listen to - you might enjoy it.

(I just figured out his voice. He sounds like my brother Dwight might sound if he had something funny, insightful, or honest to say... and if you're reading this, Dwight, you can hit me later.)

I've always told Clostio that the difference between a gay man and a straight man is that when a gay man thinks "I want to be in him" and a straight man thinks "I want to be him". That one word makes all the difference! And, in this case, I want to be Wil.

I went home last night, after listening to Radio Free Burrito #3 on my way home, and told Vicky, "I would LOVE to do a podcast!"

And she replied, with her typical lack of concern for reality, "Why don't you look into it?" (I swear, when we have children, I'll have to watch her. The kid's going to say, "Mom, I want to be Spiderman," and she'll say, "Why don't you look into it?" And then, I'll have to keep the kid away from spiders...)

Listen, as much as I might think I can do one and do it well, I don't see it happening. I mean, I did the CDs some of you might remember but, more often than not, nobody listened to them. I got no feedback. Nobody cared. And, hell, I have a hard enough time getting a handful of people reading this blog. Mostly, I do this for my own entertainment, edification, reflection - call it what you will.

So, in lieu of me, here's Wil's podcast. I know you'll love it. If you don't, I'll know you're crazy.

No comments: