Monday, March 06, 2006

All part of the service...

Over at Linksys, I was surrounded by VoIP products. (If you don't know what that is, this entry may not apply to you. On the other hand, you might find this handy... helpful, aren't I?)

Now, I'm not the biggest fan of VoIP but, then, I'm not a big fan of walkie talkies, which is pretty much as good as VoIP gets. Still, it's being touted as the wave of the future. (Yes, that wave.) A company called Vonage, which in ancient Aramaic means "dry butt fuck", wants to sound like the expert... they also want to steal all of your money while providing rotten service.

As I say, I'm no fan.

And then, this popped up. Free is good. It's certainly better than anything Linksys or Vonage can provide.

(NOTE: If you're not a fan of Microsoft, you probably won't like this much. Then again, Open Source and Apple probably already have superior software.)

No comments: