Thursday, February 07, 2008

Here’s a sleep problem I don’t often have…

I overslept today.

I overslept yesterday.

I’ve been oversleeping a lot lately.

No… seriously…

This is the strangest thing for me, usually the chronic insomniac, and I don’t know what to do about it. Here’s what happens: My alarm goes off, usually around 5am, I turn it off, and Vicky shakes me awake about 30-45 minutes later. The strange thing is there’s no feeling of going back to sleep. My mind just shuts off!

Vicky says, “You’ve got to stop yourself from going back to sleep.” But the thing is, I don’t even know it’s happening! It’s like this invisible hand knocks me back down again and I have no say in the matter!

Granted, it’s nice to be sleeping. I just wish my brain would decide which way it’s going – are we awake or are we sleeping? Make up your mind!

No comments: