Thursday, February 21, 2008

Dear Vicky…

For the past couple of weeks, things have been pretty crazy at Casa Un Sendero. Vicky’s been working her normal crazy hours but when she gets home I’m still working on homework. As a result, we don’t see too much of each other. Last weekend, our big “date night” was only a couple of hours long. This weekend, we’ll be hitting Costco. Ah, romance!

So, I thought that today I would address my blog directly to Vicky. She won’t read it tonight. She won’t be home from work until after 8pm! But she’ll catch it, by and by, and when she does it’ll be here.

So, Vic, this is for you.

COME HOME! HURRY UP AND COME HOME! I’M BEGINNING TO THINK YOU’RE GOING TO WANT ME TO DO THE DISHES! AND THE DOG WANTS OUT AGAIN AND I DON’T WANNA TAKE HER OUT! WHERE’D YOU PUT THE COLLANDER? I CAN’T FIND THE MEASURING CUPS! COME HOME!


… ok, just kidding.

I’ve been accused of being too “sensitive” at times, not manly enough if you know what I mean. So, Vicky’s probably expecting me to mention how I think about her when she’s gone, how much I love her, and how I know we’ll get through this busy period just fine because the strength and power of our love yada yada yada

Which is all true.

But what’s really on my mind is how she could have picked herself up some ice cream without remembering to buy me any. And this recent obsession with blankets – the woman keeps buying blankets! And how it doesn’t matter how tired you are when you get home if you’re going to send me an obscene text message in the middle of the afternoon – stick to your commitments, chick!

There. Now I feel better.

I do miss you, Vic. And I know we’re just going through a busy time. I know it’ll end… you know… in another 20 years…

I’m still just as nuts for you as those days when we were first dating and couldn’t keep our hands off each other. We just had better schedules then.

1 comment:

Jenn from WA said...

All this mushy stuff is gagging me again....