Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Green baby heads…

So, there’s news out now that some baby shampoos contain toxic waste.

Nice, huh?

Listen, I know toxic waste is all around us. I’m not so naïve as to believe otherwise. But… seriously… baby shampoo.

I haven’t said this in a while but we really need to start looking at what we’re doing to ourselves a little more critically.

Now, before you start shouting from the rooftops about how much I smoke, I guess I should get this out of the way. It’s been about two months since my last cigarette. And the way things are going, I’m hoping I can keep calling that my last cigarette for a while. Hey, we’ve seen this coming, right? I was doing to two cigarettes a week for a long time there; it just didn’t make sense to keep pretending I was a smoker. So, the drinking, the drugs, the smokes are pretty much a thing of the past. As much as I hate to admit it, I’m a middle-aged guy living a healthy lifestyle.

But enough about me.

What the hell is this about toxic waste in baby shampoo? The article talks about phthalates but there’s also sodium laureth sulfate and dioxane to worry about.

Not4MyHouse has a great list of things to avoid and also brands that you can trust. These aren’t just brands they sell at Henry’s or down at the Co-op, either, so you don’t have to drive all over town.

The fact here is simple. Do you want to wash your baby in toxic waste?

Then, don’t.

No comments: