Friday, November 30, 2007

Wowsie Wow Wow…

Anyone who has lost such a great love would surely understand. The pain. The anguish. The torment. Gone. Gone like yesterday, never to return. Faded into ebony, into pierceless memory.

My great love. I am bereft. Sundered. Knee deep in misery. How could my love just be gone so? How could I live without the sight of my great love?

I am talking about World of Warcraft, of course.

… what? I’ve gone nearly two months without the sooth caress of fine gameplay, the dance of the graphics, the heart-leaping ecstasy of new gear.

Well, guess what? IT’S BACK! World of Warcraft lives again! (The irony, of course, is that I’m writing this from work… god damn it.)

And this wasn’t the result of some smart cookie at Blizzard. NO! Not only would those morons not fix the problem, which originated in their 2.2 patch, they refused to even make the attempt. It was the fault of Wireless-N users, the fault of early adopters for not using old technology. Well, thank you very fucking much! Fortunately, some enterprising player found the fix and posted it on the game forums. Thank God!

So, I’m back. After two months of spending time with my wife and engaging with the world around me – fuck that – I’m back to my beloved game.

Mind the drool.

No comments: