Thursday, August 02, 2007

Every sixty seconds, a minute passes – COINCIDENCE????

Welcome to Blank Mind. I’m your host… uhhhhh…..

Seriously, I’ve got nothing at all to say – WAIT! Come back! I’ll think of something!

Think – think…


I had a first at work today. (No, not that.) I launched a website without having to ask anyone’s permission. I walked into my manager’s office and, before I could describe it, he said, “Okay, have the web guys put it up.” I was all “Whaaaa???”

I thought I’d try on that “I was all”. Some people try on socks. I try on slang. Cause, I mean, what the fuck is with you people and socks, anyway?!

I’ve drafted three marketing campaigns this week, and we haven’t even hit Friday. Yes, I’m Mister Big-Wig, Supra-Important, Underpaid, When’s-That-Review-Coming-Anyway Man… dammit…

But I gotta keep in mind the benefits, which are…. uhhhhh…. Oh, yeah! I remember now! The writing! I’ve finished 2/3 of the new book and am nearing the home stretch. When you write as fast as I do, even your most dedicated reader can’t keep up. (Actually, I only have one reader… I’m a very sad person…) So, it’s a good thing I’ll be starting school in three weeks! Three weeks – actually about 18 days to go. Let’s see… 18 days… divided by 33,000 words… um, that’s nearly 2000 words I’ll have to write each day – including weekends – I’ll never finish this on time!

Again, good thing I can write at work. Oh, I’ll finish it. Don’t worry… anyone…

Vicky watched Napoleon Dynamite this weekend. While not the worst movie of all time (Tom Cruise wasn’t in it), it was easily the most tedious. Did anyone really like it?

Ghaaa! Idiots! (Vicky loves my new ND impression. I’ve never knows an easier way to make her laugh. Granted, she laughing at what a doofus I am, but I can handle that.)

And… that’s about it. Looks like my days of daily blogging are just about over (famous last words) but you never know. Something interesting might happen…

1 comment:

Jenn from WA said...

Am I the one reader? I'm so thrilled to be that... yay me...
(As Ken says in his head, "Stop typing Jenn and get to reading."