Monday, August 20, 2007

CSI in the OC

I had my Saturday morning all planned out. Ken and I were going to my parents to take a birthday cake to my mom. I had a few errands to do in the morning, then I could do a little laundry and we’d be on the road.

First on my list was picking up my new SIGG Water Bottle from REI. No problem there, I got my new water bottle and was on my way to my next appointment. I needed to go back to the 55 Freeway North, so I took the necessary route. I was stopped behind a line of cars at a red light, when all of the sudden BOOM! I looked to my right and my passenger window was shattered…and there was a small “bullet-hole” at the top right corner of the window!

OMG…someone out there shot at me and my car!

I did a quick check of myself and didn’t see any injuries, so I made it to the parking lot of a liquor store and called the police. A few minutes later, several officers were in the parking lot and walking the area. They spent about an hour searching my car and it was concluded that it was one or two BB guns that shot the rounds that injured my poor car. Unfortunately, for my car (and me) that was enough to obliterate my passenger window.

I got my case number from the police and drove my poor car home. I got a new window and a nice detail, to make sure all the glass was cleaned out of my car. Now, hopefully the police will find the responsible person(s). Whether they do or don't, I sure won't be driving in that area for awhile.

1 comment:

Jenn from WA said...

HOLY COW! I'd want to find those little twerps and beat them within a minute of their life. Glad you're okay.