Thursday, April 19, 2007

And the name of the 13th novel is…

Climbing Maya


No, Maya is not a reference to a girl. Actually, it’s a reference to the Hindu concept that refers to illusion, specifically the illusion of this world.

So, how do you climb it?

And what does that have to do with success?

Ah, but that would be telling!

By the way, I’ve reached the 80,000 word mark so I’m closing in on an ending. Any day now. I might have told you that this book is autobiographical but even I didn’t realize how much so when I started. This could easily be a sequel to A Grand Canyon, the book about how I lost Rosa and gained Vicky, though that book has yet to be published.

I’m really looking forward to getting this wrapped up, completing the rewrites (you know, after I start them), and getting this book out. If I had to make an early estimate, and I will, I’d say this is easily my best work since Vampire Society… five books ago!

No comments: