Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Drunk things done sober...

I've been really good about waking up and going to the gym recently. In fact, I'm starting to fit into my clothes again, which is nice.

Now, if I can only stop being an idiot...

I got back from the gym tired. I always get back from the gym tired. Returning at 6am, you're bound to be tired. Then, you have to shower and hope that wakes you up. That's not always foolproof.

This morning, after my shower, I went through my usual routine and put gel in my hair. I like to make my hair stand up with the gel - it adds humor to my otherwise dreary mornings. After I was dressed and had breakfast and checked my emails and fed the cats, I made my regular stop back in the bathroom to make sure I looked okay before I went to work. (It's a habit I picked up in the theater. For those in "the know", it's also sometimes referred to as a "fly check".)

And my hair was still standing straight up!!

Now, I know. I know. I can hear you asking already:

Why the hell didn't you brush your hair before the gel set? I don't know. I was stoopid!

Were you drunk? No. That's the sad part. I wasn't even drunk.

Are you my real father? Tim, I told you to stop asking me that!

The upshot to this story is that Vicky got a good laugh out of it. After I combed my hair down, she said, "You should have left it standing up!" And I wasn't sure if she was joking...

1 comment:

Jenn from WA said...

The more important question is, "Did you take a picture?" You really should share these scenes with your friends, so we can laugh too.