Monday, January 05, 2009

The play's the thing - first of 2009...

If you would have come up to me one year ago and asked me how many plays I would write in 2008, I would have said "Zero"... turned out it was two!

If you would have then asked how I thought I'd begin 2009, I certainly would never have answered with "My first dramatic play" because, well, you know, that's crazy talk.

Looks like 2009 is going to be a crazy year. Because of a play I'm presently calling "Meaning" - which is a very temporary name, cause, I mean seriously it sucks - my first drama. This is why I never rule out anything!

One brother says to another, "Tell me the meaning of life or I'll kill myself", only the brother who has to answer is crazy and would rather see the guy who asked him dead dead dead... Normally, I'd follow that all up with "And it's a comedy" but this time... this time... I wondered what it would be like to talk about suicide without winking.

And I've done it.

Now, I'm going to work on a children's book.

... seriously...

No comments: