Monday, March 17, 2008

Timing is everything… except…

Gotta tell you, I hate being out of work.

The idea, just so you know, was that Vicky and I would BOTH be employed when we had our baby. We waited just the right amount of time so we would BOTH get time off to be with the baby. We wanted to make sure everything was right. We timed it just right.

And then, I was laid off.

We’ve since spent nearly every day – or, at least, I have – thinking about what to do next. We’ve discussed it a few times but it always came down to this: Vicky wants a baby. Timing is up to me.

Today, I made a decision on timing.

Fuck timing.

I’ve found the woman I want to have a child with and I can’t afford to wait much longer. So, we’re not going to stop just because of a silly, little thing like unemployment.

Now, I’m sure there are plenty of you out there who think this is a stupid decision… and you wouldn’t be far off.

But, as I said to Vicky, “The worst that could happen is we’ll lose our house and I’ve already lost one, so it’s no big deal.”

In short, you’re not dealing with a man who cares about trifles. I've tried doing everything right up until now. Let's see what happens when we add a little stupidity. (It just might work.)

1 comment:

Jenn from WA said...

I think the reality is, you'll be fine. And if you keep thinking about the "timing" being perfect, you will never get that "perfect" timing.