Monday, March 24, 2008

Here we go again…

If there’s one thing I hate about being unemployed, it’s phone interviews with idiots. Observe, for instance, this call I received for a Technical Writer position. (The job title is key here.)

Employer. Do you have any tech writing experience?

Me. Yes, for instance…

Employer. Do you have any web coding experience?

Me. Excuse me?

Employer. Do you know HTML?

Me. Well, sadly, no. You see, my experience is in writing and...

Employer. What about web page coding?

Me. No. As I said, most of my experience is in writing.

Employer. Coding software?

Me. No.

Employer. Web design?

Me. No.

Employer. Database management?

I kind of wish I could be there when she calls for web designers and asks what their writing experience is.

But I will BET YOU I get called for an interview. The world of unemployment is just fucked up that way.

No comments: