Thursday, March 13, 2008

Picking up from where?…

So, it’s one in the morning and I can’t sleep. Big surprise. I haven’t been sleeping much this week. I’ve been applying for jobs. I’ve been sending books out to agents. I’ve been unknowingly gnawing off my bottom lip until it’s cracked and hurting – but sleep isn’t quite on the menu.

I want nothing more than to buy a pack of smokes and get sloppy drunk… but I’m passing, for now.

A few days ago, I was walking Suki and thinking about how just a year ago I was in this same boat. It took six months to find a job then and I didn’t have a recession to worry about. I also didn’t have a resume split down the middle between management and writing, so it appeared as though I didn’t have enough experience for one and that I was no longer interested in the other. I thought about how unfair all of this was, how rotten things were – and then a bug flew into my mouth and down my throat. I coughed and gagged and the bug went down like nothing you want to experience.

I don’t know what the point here is, as I said it’s one in the morning, but I think this is just the start of things. For five years, I had it easier than I knew at Linksys… now things get tough.

I should probably get some sleep…

No comments: