Friday, June 29, 2007

Sicko…

No, this isn’t going to be about my eating habits.

Michael Moore’s new movie, Sicko, comes out this weekend. I know I’m the resident pinko but, sadly, I have no plans to see it. This is not to say I don’t want to see it. I just don’t have plans.

… MAYBE I SHOULD SUBTLY SUGGEST TO VICKY THAT WE GO ON SUNDAY…

Sunday’s our only free day and even that’s not free. We just seem to go from busy to busy and end up at busy these days. It sucks.

Tonight, I’m going to be meeting my brother at Garf’s in Costa Mesa. In case you’ve never been to Garf’s, let me congratulate you. It’s decorated in early-disaster but it has a smoking patio. Actually, I’m the kind of person who can be sitting in a toxic waste dump, if it has a smoking patio I’ll be there! This place was introduced to me by Chris Anzalone back when we were acting together and it was sort of a hang-out where my actor-friends (not unlike my super-friends… after we got kicked out of the Hall of Justice… for smoking… damn you, Wonder Twins….) and I would hang out. Now, it’s the spot where Keith and I meet when he comes into town. It ain’t bad… for crap.

He’s sure to tell me all about his new projects and I’m sure to not get a word in edgewise. (For those wondering, that’s why I “blog”, so I can get a chance to speak!)

On Saturday, I’ll be Vicky’s arm decoration for her 20-year high school reunion. So, I’ll need to look nice. (Don’t you feel sorry for Vicky?)

I still haven’t attended any of my own high school reunions for reasons already amply stated. But I have no problem going to this one because, basically, nobody will know me. Oh wait. Scratch that. A couple of Vicky’s “born again” friends will know me… and I will be forced to play nice. Let’s see how many drinks it takes to get to the bitter, bastard center of Ken.

But I’m hoping we have a little free time to see Sicko this weekend.

If you look at Moore’s films, he’s been pretty spot on. His first was about outsourcing and anemic corporate citizenship – check! His second was about the problem we American’s have with violence, and it’s still amusing to see right-wing nutbars deny that one. Finally, there’s Fahrenheit 9/11, where he predicts most of the things we later found out were true about 9/11 and Iraq and that criminal in the White House.

… No, that one.

… No, THAT one.

… fine! THOSE criminals in the White House.

(Remember the “good old days”, when a blowjob was a travesty?)

Anyway, we haven’t seen a single film in a theater since… well, it’s just embarrassing. Hopefully, we’ll catch this one.

1 comment:

Jenn from WA said...

I'm not a huge Michael Moore fan, but did see F 9/11 and it got me thinking. Unfortunately my thought didn't last long. I think it lasted all of 2 seconds before I thought.."Hmmm I need coffee."

I'm curious about his new movie and will wait for the DVD.

As for the class reunion, I heard through the grapevine (aka vicky) that there was no religious discussion to speak of. Aren't you glad you went?