Friday, March 23, 2007

Here’s something I never write about…

It takes an awful lot to be able to see both sides of a story… so when you realize I don’t, just understand that, okay?

Vicky’s birthday is coming up on April 13th (keep those cards and gifts coming!), just as I get started on this new job. Terrific! In fact, I don’t get my first paycheck (which is only half a paycheck – one week’s worth) until a week before. Great! And I had to take a pay cut to get this job, which means that it will be very, very small. Fantastic!

Sounds pretty shitty, doesn’t it?

It gets worse.

I wanted to get Vicky a nice gift but I’m pretty much broke and we really can’t afford too much, which is not conducive to the great, capitalist birthdays she’s used to – her nickname ain’t “Princess” for nothing, folks. (I appreciate condolences; I prefer cash.)

And, yes, it gets worse.

“I want (blank),” Vicky told me. I can’t tell you what she told me… let’s call it… “Samophlange” for all of you WoW-heads. She said, “I want samophlange. It’s a beautiful samophlange and I want it!”

The problem with this, however, was that I wanted to get her (blank). I can’t tell you what I want to get her (she may be reading!)… let’s just call it… “HalyjoOsmet” for reasons unknown.

I can’t get her samophlange because I’d like to get her HalyjoOsmet. I think she’d prefer HalyjoOsmet. I know she’d love HalyjoOsmet. The thing is, I can’t afford both samophlange and HalyjoOsmet. In fact, I can barely afford HalyjoOsmet!

But she kept pushing samophlange into my face. She absolutely had to have samophlange. It got to the point where I didn’t want to buy her anything, let alone samophlange or HalyjoOsmet.

When you are insistent about wanting something, pushy even, it makes it difficult to buy you that something.

Anyway, her birthday isn’t for a few weeks. I’m hoping the samophlange versus HalyjoOsmet dispute comes to some settlement.

There’s no real point to this entry – nothing you can do, unless you can send me enough money for a samophlange – I just figured that, after six months of talking about how wonderful Vicky is, I could be allowed one gripe.

I’ll shut up now… for now…

No comments: