Wednesday, November 02, 2005

So, how's that quitting smoking going, anyway...?

Yep, it's been two weeks.

Two weeks without a cigarette.

Can someone please take off this straightjacket? It's beginning to chafe.

I will admit this has been pretty tough, mostly because I think my brain thinks "once in a while" won't kill me. It may be right... but why quibble?

Here's what I do know. I can take a deep breath again. Seriously. You non-smokers don't know what this is about but I couldn't do it too well before. My singing voice is back, fit and fettle as ever... well, maybe not "as ever" but it's close and getting better every day. I ran 3.5 miles last night at the gym. I won't tell you how long it took me to run 3.5 miles but I did it and that's a good thing. I love running. I love singing. I love breathing.

I'd say it's going fine so far.

No comments: