Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Pre-holiday Predictions...

It's practically a tradition... which is another way of saying I can't think of anything else to write... I sit down before a long holiday, when I know - I mean I KNOW - I won't be writing, and I predict what will happen during that long holiday. Then, when I return on Monday, we can all have fun watching me act surprised that none of it came to pass.

Let's see...

1) Vicky and I will go to her brother's house for Thanksgiving. The food will be good and all but we'll be out in the middle of the desert... which is where we were last year, in Lancaster... and I'll begin to wonder if there's some grand conspiracy... and if we'll spend next Thanksgiving in Arizona...

2) The day after Thanksgiving, we'll start working on moving all of the furniture out of the guest room so Vicky can scrape the cottage cheese off the ceiling. (It's not really cottage cheese.) Moving all the furniture will be a bitch. (It's Ricotta.) We'll get into a fight over where the furniture should be moved. (Seriously. I use it in lasagna.) Our bedroom will fill with furniture. (What do you mean, that's why people hate my lasagna?!) Our bathroom will fill with furniture. (I bet you can't do any better, bitch!) Our landing will fill with furniture. (I WANT LASAGNA! SEND ME LASAGNA!) We'll learn, to our amazement and befuddlement, that we own the Guest Room of Endless Furniture (+3 for luck, roll 2d20 for ottomans under D&D rules version 3.5)...

3) Tim Clostio is coming by on Friday. I'm hoping everything goes okay but I worry about his drinking problem. (Which he has no matter how much he denies it... after all, that's what "DENIAL" means, right?)

4) Tim, Vicky and I will have to move all that furniture back into the Guest Room... (roll percentile for amount of furniture stuffed back in under D&D rules version 3.5)...

5) Vicky will learn that she unknowingly exists in a D&D v. 3.5 universe and will find a Beyonder in our bathtub.

6) I will protest because, well, I prefer classic D&D, so...

7) Vicky will write a hit song, "There's A Beyonder in My Bathtub"...

8) She'll also write something on this Blog...

9) Dick Cheney's face will come off on national television and look just like Yul Brenner in "WestWorld".

See you on Monday...

No comments: