Thursday, December 18, 2008

Who's that man in Uldaman...

If you're not a WoW geek... go over there... in the corner... now hush...

In one of the most recent WoW patches, a new tool was provided to highlight any of those lower level quests you might have missed.

And I missed a lot.

So, here I am with a level 71 Pallidan, tromping the halls of Uldaman and Gnomeregan, picking up those last, stray quests I missed, pumping up my Rep. I mean, after all, the shores of Northrend are teaming with LAG! I figure I'll give it some time before I go there with my slow, wireless connection...

But there's more to it than that.

I just finished the semester and I have a few weeks off. I want to rest. Relax. Go brain dead for a while. After film class, the last thing I want to do is watch a movie! So, I sit and drool for a while in front of my PC. And screw anything that might present a real challenge.

Hell, the nice thing about picking up low level quests is exactly the lack of challenge they present. "Go kill ten little rabbits, ten defenseless little... slow rabbits - Go and whomp on shit that can't hit back." Yeah, that's my idea of a good time after a shitload of work and just before a shitload more - pointlessness.

Gotta love it.

1 comment:

autumn said...

Wow ken... aren't you far behind! ;)