Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Before 2008 goes, a retrospective...

Let me tell you, I'm no fan of 2008. I lost my job at Allied this year, a job I loved, and had to take a job at the shittiest company in the world. Lovely. And my dad died, too. But I can't be completely disappointed in this year. In fact, I'm happy to have lived it. So, what did I get out of 2008? And what will 2009 hold?

Try this:

In 2008, I didn't quit smoking (that was 2007) but I did celebrate a year as a non-smoker. In 2009, I'm going to keep working on being a healthy person.

In 2008, I took up cycling. Loved it. And I can't wait until the 2009 thaw, if you will, so I can get even more cycling in. My last ride was 65 miles and I totally intend to pass that by.

In 2008, I dropped my weight down below 250. In 2009, I'm going to at least drop it below 240... dammit...

In 2008, I wrote two plays and another novel... or two... I lost count... In 2009, I'm going to write my first dramatic play - that's right, not a comedy - and I'm going to write my first kid's book, and continue to grow as an artist.

In 2008, Vicky was treated for endometriosis, which may be news to some of you. I kept waiting for Vicky to say anything, but seriously, when does she ever write here? In 2009... baby? Maybe!

In 2008, I played lots and lots in WoW. In 2009... um...

In 2008, I rejoined OCPA. In 2009, I think it's time I got something back up on stage, even if it's something I wrote and not my big, fat ass.

In 2008, Vicky and I celebrated our fourth (correction third) anniversary. In 2009, we'll be married for five (correction four) years, something I'm already very happy about. (edits provided by Vicky...Ken apparently can't add)

In 2008, we got a new puppy, Shipoopi. In 2009, we won't, will we Vic? (Anybody want a cat?)

In 2008, as I mentioned, my father died. In 2009, let's not have any more of that death nonesense, okay?

In 2008, Vicky got sliced and diced a dozen ways to Sunday. In 2009, she won't have anything wrong with her... at all... seriously...

In 2008, Sean remarried this sweet lady named Mona. In 2009, he'll stop reminding me that he's having way more sex than me. It's just not natural...

In 2008, I missed Clostio. In 2009, I'll keep missing him... cause he's a prick...

In 2008, I missed Tim and Autumn. In 2009, they'll find their fucking phone and maybe I'll find their fucking phone number... stranger things have happened...

Finally, in 2008, I was a little easier on myself and made myself feel a little less like shit than in the years before. In 2009, I'm going to tell anyone who makes me feel shitty about myself to fuck off... cause they still won't be half as good at it as I am... (but I'm getting better!!!)

No comments: