Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ken... Ken... K... e... n...

I'm writing this because I figure there's gotta be somebody else out there in my shoes... which is not to say my shoes are tight... well, they are but that's my broken pinkie toe, I... nevermind!

The thing is, I've been feeling very fragmented lately. I feel more like a beehive than a person, a collection of conflicting interests and agendas and needs, and I can't seem to make my way back to just one Ken, one guy. You know?

I'll give you an example. With finals coming, my day is split into my morning work hours, philosophy final prep at lunch, afternoon work hours, film class final prep in the evening... and then there's the book I'd like to work on if I had the time, OCPA now that I've rejoined that, submissions I'd like to get out, Vicky has a cold, there's WoW to play, I need to straighten the garage, I'd like to open a bottle of wine and relax, I need to go to the gym more, I'd like to take a ride on my bike, the PS3 is neglected, I haven't done Wii Fit in a while (which is Vicky's fault because she still hasn't told me where we keep the batteries for the balance board but she's sick and I need to take care of her and make sure she's okay and...)... um... where was I?

Fortunately, the semester will soon be over. I'll have only seven courses to go before... then if I take two more in the Spring, that brings me down to five... which will be three if i can manage two more in the fall... and, hopefully, I can do a show in the summer - I'd like to act again, act again, I was an actor once, act again, I rejoined OCPA gotta work on getting one of my new shows up on stage it would be nice to see that, see that, but I also have submissions and school and Vicky's sick and then there's Christmas, Christmas, did I mention Christmas, we have cards to send out and shopping to do and ornaments to hang, which wasn't such a problem when we had Bobmas - of course, that wasn't so much a Vicky thing, in fact she'll probably ask me in that incredulous tone, "Bobmas? Seriously?" and I'll have to explain what that's all about and how I used to make compilation CDs and foist them off onto people as gifts back when I was a poor bachelor and an actor once, an actor once...

Stress. I think it's stress.

I should open a bottle of wine and relax... right after I finish my finals... then I'll only have seven courses to go...

No comments: