Monday, May 05, 2008

Boj… Boj… Boj… something’s amiss…

I haven’t mentioned the job search in a while… mostly because the job search sucks a large ass… a large “post chili” ass, if you get my meaning…

In the last couple of weeks, the well has dried up and the jobs I keeping finding are ones I’ve already applied for. As you can probably imagine, that has me a little… nervous…

There is news to report. For the past couple of weeks, I have been working as a contract employee for a small web design company, writing web copy. This might sound good, until you hear how hesitant this guy is to actually PAY you for your work. Paychecks are late and the Internet(s) are littered with complaints from other people who never got paid. So, I’m wrapping that up and hoping I get all my money… ugh…

Last week, I had a really good interview with Epicor, a business software company. I’d be going back to tech writing but, with the way this economy is spastic like a 95 year old orgasming, I’ll take it. I say the interview was good but it wasn’t without its bumps. The woman I was interviewing with seemed to think it was her job to discourage me as best she could, I suppose to make sure I wanted it enough. She kept saying “You don’t want this. You don’t want this.” And I had to enthusiastically respond, “Yes, I do want it! I want it like a blowjob after a long bike ride!”… with the… you know… bicycle references. And I’ll stop at two sex references…

Things just aren’t looking great. And, as you can imagine, this puts Vicky in the uncomfortable position of having to say, “Don’t worry. We’ll be fine… ONCE YOU FIND A JOB YOU… I mean, we’ll be fine…”

Two months into unemployment, and I can’t help remember that the last time went right down to the wire. Good times!

No comments: