Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A word or two on fatitudious… ness…

Vicky has been delaying posting the results from week four, er, five – what week are we on now? – but that doesn’t mean I have to shut the hell up.

I don’t care how many of you have been telling me to!

I was pretty good last week. I worked out almost every day. I ate right. I was, you know… good.

Now, it’s this week. Last night, Vicky and I were both pretty bad. We went to Fatburger for Fat Tuesday, which usually means twofer burgers… except at this place. At our local Fatburger, it meant that a clueless teenager looked at me like I was an idiot (a feeling I’m very used to) and said, “We don’t do that here.”

Yeah, whatever.

This place was next door to an Olive Garden.

Now, we hate Olive Garden. It’s the McDonalds of Italian food. But they have this bottomless soup and salad thing that we like. So, we went over there and – thinking we’d eat healthy food, none of this hamburger nonsense – gorged on soup and salad until we were ready to die.

Not good.

Okay, so we’re human just like… some of you.

On the up side, we’ve discovered a brand of ice cream called Skinny Cow (flattering, huh?) that makes some fantastic ice cream sammaches that we can actually eat. And ONE POINT WW fudgecicles! (I bow before the alter of Splenda.)

It’s a slow process but we’re learning.

No comments: