Thursday, February 05, 2009

Where did I go?...

I know. It’s been a while.

I’m still here.

The thing is being unemployed leaves you not so much feeling like talking about yourself… cause you’re a loser… a big, fat one… with self-esteem issues… a bit…

So, what have I been up to?

Well, I had my first interview with a placement agency. This went exceptionally well but has not resulted in employment. Then, how could it have gone exceptionally well, you ask? Because this guy, Andy, and I had a terrific conversation in which I learned that I am fully qualified to move into a Marketing Coordinator or Marketing Rep position. Not only that but they seem like better fits that looking for another job as a writer, even! So, that helps me expand my search a bit and move on.

… mind you, there hasn’t been a hell of a lot posted out there… god dammit.

What else? I’ve come up with some wonderfully looney play ideas. I’d love to write them but this drain on my self-respect also puts a drain on my energy. I just can’t get the energy up to write!

And maybe it’s all the studying I’m doing, too. In my course on Kant this semester, it seems all I do is study and write essays – over and over and over – and we’re only in our second week! Oy!

On top of that, I have to admit I haven’t been the nicest person to Vicky, and I feel rather badly about that. She’s been very supportive but I keep snapping at her, mostly because I feel so awful about myself. But I’m working on getting past that and being a nicer guy… you know, before she throws my ass out or anything.

No comments: