Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Just how is that job hunt going…

I was asked this the other day and replied that jobs seem to be an endangered species.

It’s not going well.

There are few jobs posted these days and I’ve been checking Monster, CareerBuilder, Hotjobs, Craigslist – the lot. It’s slim pickings. (Not Slim Pickins.) Worse still, after my first interview – nothing.

Now, I know. It’s only been a few weeks. But way to discourage me from the start, you know?

Meanwhile, I’ve been keeping busy studying, doing chores around the house, and mailing out more submissions for books I wrote years ago. (Seriously, Vicky’s gotta get to proofing my more recent stuff!) (HINT!)

I also finished my new play, “Meaning.”. It’s my first drama, the basic premise of which is that this guy visits his brother after being gone for many years and says “Tell me the meaning of life or I’ll kill myself.”

Overall, though, I guess I’d classify things as being very slow. Painfully.

Anyone out there got a job?

No comments: