Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Dancing the night away...

Some of you may remember all the way back to 2005, when Vicky and I took a dance class to help choreograph our wedding dance. The wedding dance went superbly. It was really special and I've been bugging Vic since then to take another class with me. Why? Well, for this chorophobe, it was the first time I saw people who were worse than me! I was the better dancer... for once! It was one of those rare occasions when I knew everyone was looking at me dancing and I didn't feel completely incompetent... because there were others worse off than me!

Three years have passed and I have finally twisted Vicky's arm long enough. Starting tonight, we'll be taking beginning ballroom dance classes. Nerdy? Maybe. But I have always wanted to learn to tango and, if Vicky likes it, maybe we can move on to more advanced classes. We'll take our act on the road. We'll tour Europe! We'll dance for Queens and ...

... or maybe I'll finally know more than just the box step and the waltz...

Anyway, we'll see. Maybe I'll completely suck... and maybe there will be someone else worse than me. That's the one I'm hoping for!

No comments: