Saturday, August 12, 2006

Smoking out, Freaking out, and Pigging out…

Last night, I went over to hang out with Sean… and get all neurotic about losing my job. A true friend – and enabler – Sean picked me up a pack of smokes. He figured that I could use them, considering the situation I find myself in.

For the past day, I’ve been doing nothing but worrying. We could lose the house. We could lose everything – if I don’t find a job! Vicky, meanwhile, has been wonderful and far more supportive than I rightly deserve. Thank you, Vic!

So, we headed back to Sean’s today for a barbeque he threw and, on the way, Vicky pretty much broke. In no uncertain terms, she told me to stop freaking out! Now, I’d left the cigarettes at Sean’s so, when we got there, I grabbed one and lit up (far away from Vicky, of course), which calmed me down enough to stop bitching and moaning about things. And then, we commenced with the eating. Sean lives for these things; he loves throwing shindigs on the grill… along with some burgers and dogs. God only knew where my next meal was coming from, so I figured I should eat…

I realized that one of my problems is that, beyond being an habitual worrier, I’m the kind of guy who needs to have a purpose. Without a job, I’m corked champagne, filled with bubbles of neurosis. Maybe I should start on a new book… maybe I should work harder on selling what I got… ugh!…

After I’d totally stuffed myself, he suggested we play some catch. Sean is also a sadist… the bastard.

And so, I’m dealing… and that’s day one…

1 comment:

Jenn from WA said...

Just think of all the daytime shows you can catch up on.