Monday, August 14, 2006

My first day jobless…

It’s been a busier day than I thought it would be… and that’s a good thing!

One of the worst things about this weekend was the fact that I could do so little. I revised my resume (creating one for marketing writing and one for technical writing), drafted corresponding cover letters, and applied, well, EVERYWHERE! But, after that, it was a lot of waiting.

Last night, I hardly slept.

Vicky was swell. She has a lot of faith in me and is sure things will be fine. We talked about the difference between theory and application. In school, I excelled in theoretical fields (such as philosophy), whereas Vicky was better with application (lab classes, etc.). So, I told her how I have been meditating hard on Buddhist teachings after losing my job but can’t seem to find the inner peace it should provide. Vicky, not aware of the theory behind the Buddhist teachings has, meanwhile, found that peace without even thinking about it. (Again, is it any wonder why I love her?)

After spending most of the weekend applying to every job online, I had very little I could do this morning as far as job searching. I worked on some of the rewrites for the new book but, by and large, I was BORED.

I went to Sean’s and we went out for a cheap breakfast… BORING!

Thankfully, the calls started pouring in once I got home. By the end of the day, I had three interviews lined up: one next week, one on Thursday and one tomorrow! That helped put my mind a bit more at ease.

Mind you, I’m still out of work but things are looking a bit brighter… if just a bit.

1 comment:

Jenn from WA said...

Interviewing is fun. And the more you interview, the better you get at it. Good luck!