Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Simple Things…

 
They say the best things in life are free. I don’t know about that but I do know that very often they are cheap.

 
Take this morning, for instance. Vicky and I got out of bed a little while ago to walk our dogs. The day we have before us includes, in no particular order:

 
  • Watching the Daytona 500 (I’m rooting for Juan Pablo. Vicky is firmly in Team Gordon.)
  • A fresh, hot pot of coffee
  • Leftover pizza
  • Maybe hitting Del Taco for some cheap grub.

 
… and that’s it. That’s all.

 
Oh sure, I’ll fiddle with some video games – it is my “day off” after all. (Have I mentioned the “day off”? Vicky started it a while back so I’m not working seven days a week and I have grown to LOVE IT!) Vicky is going to do some work from home since she took yesterday off.

 
Overall, we’re going to veg. I'm just going to spend the day with Vic. And that’s nice.

 
It’s my favorite kind of day.

No comments: