Thursday, February 10, 2011

Home of the Golden Gate…

Vicky and I heading out to San Francisco this weekend for the staged reading of Murielle’s Big Date at the Dark Room Theatre on Saturday 2/13 @ 5pm. (Come one! Come all!)

It’s been so long since I was last in San Francisco that I actually had to think back for a minute. It was my first time meeting Axel. He was giving me a hard time about what the Golden Gate Bridge looked like at night. I’d say, “I don’t know. I was dark.” He’d say, “So, you really don’t know what the color of the Golden Gate Bridge is?” And round and round we’d go. I really kinda hated Axel as I left San Francisco but, in the end, he turned out to be an okay guy.

This trip fills me with misgivings. After all, I’m still out of work and so I really shouldn’t take the extravagance. On the other hand, Vicky’s never been to San Francisco and really wants to go so I don’t have much say in it. After all, this is Vicky.

We’ll have one free day, give or take, and I’m hoping we can just walk about and see some of the town. Eat at some funky places. See some funky people. Bitch about the hills. You know, fun stuff.

The next day will be the show. I’m packing about three different shirts for the show, though I’m not sure which one to wear. Truth be told, I’m a bit nervous. If over-packing is a sign of nerves, I’m extremely nervous.

Hopefully, nobody will be asking me what the Golden Gate Bridge looks like in the dark.

No comments: