Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Truth in Advertising: NOBODY can help me like Countrywide can... NOBODY...

I'm still fuming... you could see smoke... you know, if you could see me...

Anyway, Vicky and I are thinking of doing a refi on our house. Enough backstory. Cut directly to my conversation with Countrywide...

(After the traditional "Your call may be recorded" and "Can I help you?", the answer to which was obviously NO.)

Me. Hello?
CountrywideIdiot: (with blasting music in the background) Sir, can I have your name?

Here's the thing. The music was so loud, he couldn't hear me when I gave him my name, or when I spelled it for him, or when I gave him my social security number, or when I kept begging him to turn down his music.

So, after going round and round, he asks,

CI: Sir, who are you talking to?
Me: Excuse me?
CI: Who are you talking to?
Me: You mean about my loan?
CI: Sir, who are you talking to?
Me: Well, you picked up the phone -
CI: Who are you talking to?
Me: You mean about the refi?
CI: Who are you talking to?
Me: At Countrywide?
CI: Who are you talking to?
Me: You mean there? At Countrywide?
CI: Who are you talking to?
Me: YOU!
CI: Well, I'm gonna have to put you on hold for a few minutes. Please hold.

And so I did. I held. I held for 16 minutes.

Finally, I hung up.

My attititude is simple. I'm only going to work so hard to give someone hundreds of thousands of dollars. I mean, if they can't even be bothered...

So, it's true what you hear. NOBODY can help you like Countrywide can... NOBODY!

No comments: