Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Another reason why I’m not a Christian…

My friend, Megan, died recently.

She was kind and good, honest and caring, compassionate and loving. She was honest and nonviolent and generous. Megan was not, however, a Christian.

According to Christian doctrine, she now burns in the fires of hell for all eternity.

Christians are a group of people bullied by a belief.

No thanks.

I’m proud to say that Megan did not have any last minute conversion. She died unafraid, unbargaining. I can only hope to be as brave.

3 comments:

Jenn from WA said...

Personally, I believe more in spirtuality than religion. Too many inconsistencies. And for Christians in particular, a group of people who "claim" to be non judgemental, sure do judge a lot. Whatever happened to "love thy neighbor"

Ken La Salle said...

Please, Tony, don't try and be an advocate of Christianity (which I can only assume you're trying to do in your own, rambling way) after advocating torture. It hurts to watch.

Ken La Salle said...

In case you're wondering, Tony, I deleted your post because I won't tolerate lying. If you don't like it, don't read this site. It's that easy.