Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Hemp… and eating it…

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to go to the grocery store. Vicky and I don’t hit the grocery store very often any more. Nowadays, we’ll split most of our shopping between Costco and Henry’s. But the grocery store, with all the packaged, processed crap… we hardly ever get to that.

So, I did.

I went in with the idea that I’d pick up some soda and it grew from there. I actually called Vicky and said, “I’m gonna be a while.” I went up and down each aisle, just getting things we either hadn’t had in a long time or had never enjoyed before. One of these things was a box of cereal.

I thought it was pretty cool when I saw it. How could you not chuckle a bit? It was Hemp cereal. Cereal made from hemp. Vicky said she wouldn’t eat it but I thought it would be good to help promote hemp farming. If you don’t know the benefits of hemp, well, you should! And it was healthy, and I need to eat healthy!

Then, I ate it.

Now, I’m not going to say it tasted like bong water. Anyone who knows knows and anyone who knows no-no’s knows that hemp is not pot. It’s like cotton or flax or rye. No, it tasted like an inordinately old cotton harvest… from 1931… yep, we were bringing in the hemp harvest… bringing it into my mouth!

Where’s the crunch-berries???

No comments: