Friday, September 14, 2012

Off my ass…


As you probably know, I am an avid cycler. I enjoy taking my bike for rides of up to 50, 80, 100 miles…

… oh, wait. Not anymore. I used to be an avid cycler, but my bike has suffered some problems and I can’t quite afford to get things fixed.

Oh well. As you probably know, I’ve really gotten into jogging. I like to jog on the Santa Ana River over 10 miles…

… oh, wait. I used to be into jogging but I burned through my shoes and can’t afford new ones.

These problems could be solved once I find a job or if I sell some books… but no luck so far.

So, what I decided to do is take up a different form of exercise and I started doing this bodyweight workout. And the thing is, it is killing me! I’m not kidding. I am busting my ass doing the…

… wait, I should tell you I’m not exactly doing that workout. I’m actually doing just about 50% of it, and I’ve had to build to that. I am not exactly what you would call the picture of health… unless you’re talking about a very wide frame.

But, you know what? I’m doing it. And, yes, it is kicking my ass but it’s also getting me off my ass and for an hour every morning, give or take, I am outside working up a sweat. I have refused to let my financial situation get in the way of staying – or just getting – healthy.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to put my ass in a sling.

No comments: