Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Night of Sleep Wipes Insomniac Out…


As many of you know, I am an insomniac. What this means is I often go a week or two, or sometimes three, without a full night of sleep. Oh, I’ll sleep a couple of hours… um, cumulative hours, meaning I catch an hour here and an hour there. Sometimes, I’ll get really lucky and have four hours of sleep… straight through!

I’ll go like this for a stretch of time until, finally and thankfully, my body will crash and I will receive a restful, blissful night of sleep.

Ahhhhhhh….

And then, I wake up the next morning feeling like hell. My body aches all over. I am so tired I can barely stand.

What the hell, man?!

You’re supposed to sleep to get rest but my stupid body gets more tired when it gets sleep. I think that’s because it goes so long without a good night’s sleep that when it gets it it just wants more. And it hurts because it feels so very, very tired.

Kinda sucks.

That’s how I woke up this morning, by the way. I crashed last night around 10:30pm – Vicky was still up – and I went to bed before her. I’m sure she knew by now what that signified. After all, I rarely go to bed first and she was downstairs still watching TV (and working, of course). I slept until 6:30 this morning, clocking in exactly eight hours!

And felt like shit when I woke up.

After a few nights awake, I’m sure I’ll be back to normal…

No comments: