Friday, January 07, 2011

Drive, I said…

Vicky and I missed out on our trip to San Francisco this weekend.

Originally, Vicky and I were supposed to go to San Francisco because a reading of my play, Murielle’s Big Date, was being staged at the Dark Room Theatre. Sadly, the date was changed. Not to fear, however. It’s still being done. The new date is February 13, 2011. If you’re in the city on that day, around 5pm-ish, we’d be happy to see you.

The downside, though, is that we had to change all of our plans. Typically, I freaked out and rushed Vicky to the phone to cancel our hotel reservations before it was too late to get a refund… you know, when we could have just changed the date. Okay, so I’m a bit nervous about money these days.

So now we’ll be heading up next month. Vicky is kind of disgusted by the $40 parking fee we have to pay every day we’re in the city so, she suggested, “Why don’t we just take the train?” I don’t tell her it’s the same train I took to get married back in the 80’s. I don’t have to. She sees that the train won’t take us into the city and we’ll have to take a bus – so, that’s out. How about flying in? Well, the cost of flying is just downright crazy. It’s cheaper to park.

Anyway, I tell her, I like driving with her. There’s something really cool to me about being in a car with Vicky for long periods of time, sharing the experience and jokes and conversation. If I could somehow lock Vicky in a room without TV and we could spend eight hours in bed together, I’d do it! But I can’t. This is the next best thing.

So, we’ll drive. We’ll park. We’ll be there.

Hope to see you, too.

No comments: