Friday, April 13, 2012

Sweet Sweat…


As some of you may know, today is Vicky’s birthday.

Without going into too much detail about what she got or where she went, I do have one story to share. It involved my atrocious handwriting and her birthday card, two things that I assure you do not go together well at all.

Having signed her card and put it in the envelope, I wrote on the envelope: To My Sweety Birthday Girl. But my handwriting is so bad, as is my eyesight (that’s right, I’m turning into a mole man in my advanced old age), that I was afraid you could read that as: To My Sweaty Birthday Girl.

Ignoring the horrible grammar for a minute – seriously, I looked at it and asked, “What the hell does that mean?” – I realized this could turn out very bad. And recognizing the grammar for a minute, “Sweaty Birthday Girl” makes more sense grammatically. Was Vicky going to think I called her “Sweaty”???

So, let’s clear this up right now.

It’s “Sweety”. She’s my “Sweety”.

And I have horrible handwriting. I’m aware of this.

No comments: