Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Someone should have asked…

Let me preface this by saying I am fully in support of equal rights for all. I think all of my brothers and sisters should enjoy equal rights be they straight or gay or transgendered or anything in between. That said, here’s the exception that proves the rule.

What the hell were they thinking with Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell?

Listen to this hypothetical: World War Three breaks out – or any other war, we have so many – and everyone is drafted to go get killed in war. Prior to today’s signing of DADT out of the books, anyone could have said, “Oh, sorry. I’d rather not get killed. I’m gay.” No homosexual or bisexual or transgendered individual ever had to fight or die in a war. Ever.

That shit won’t fly any more.

The one loophole homosexuals (et al) had in their favor they threw away. They actually protested to have it taken away!

Could have been marriage. Could have been insurance rights. Could have been any number of a thousand other things, but the one thing – the thing that kept them alive and gave them the out no straight man (or woman) has ever had – that’s what they asked to have taken away.

I love my brothers and sisters out there, no matter their color or faith or proclivity.

… I’m just saying… that was a really stupid choice, guys.

No comments: