Monday, April 18, 2011

Sick and fast…

I was going to go for a ride today…

I woke up at 6am with the idea that I’d get ready and hit the road by 7am. I got out of bed and thought, “Hmmm, I’m feeling a little under the weather.”

I went downstairs to feed the cat, who was complaining as always, and thought, “Hmmm, I’m not feeling so good. I should take some Advil.”

I poured myself a little orange juice and grabbed a few Advil and thought, “Damn, I think I’m actually feeling kind of sick.”

I walked back to the stairway to go upstairs and the floor fell away beneath me, my body shook, my bearings went all askew and I nearly fell down as I thought, “Holy crap, I’m dying!”

I struggled up the stairs and barely carried myself back to bed, panting, my body a limp noodle, all thoughts of my ride behind me.

It was 6:10am…

No comments: